HMP Liverpool was constructed in 1855 to replace a much older and more cramped establishment in the centre of Liverpool, and covers some 22 acres. It has a single capped security wall. There are 8 wings, all of which are in use having been refurbished and provided with integral sanitation system.
The prison serves the whole of the Merseyside Courts, Wigan Courts & Blackburn Courts catchment area.
68 Hornby Rd, Liverpool L9 3DF