Job Title: Trainer
Location: Vauxhall, London
Salary: £23,500 to £28,800
Closing Date: 24/08/2017
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced trainer.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Engage ex-offender candidates in learning opportunities to achieve employment and reduce re-offending
- Support the delivery of prison education and community-based training of prison learners and ex-offenders
- Contribute to the development of vocational and employability learning portfolio to be delivered in custody and in the community
- Contribute to contract performance and growth of Forward’s Employment Services training provision in custody and in the community
- Work closely with recruitment activity within Employment Services to maximise employment opportunities for prison learners
- Support the quality assurance of training provision and ensure the needs of learners inform the development of future training activity
- Promote the value of real work to learners and inspire them to see employment as a route to making positive change
- Proven experience of working as a trainer to hard-to-reach learners
- Experience of developing and delivering motivation and attitudinal training
- Demonstrable knowledge, skills and techniques to engage learner
- Demonstrable experience of developing bespoke training packages/learning resources; developing individualised learning plans
- Experience of welfare to work, justice or similar outcome-based employment or training contracts
- Working knowledge of learning, knowledge, barriers and opportunities for hard-to-reach learners
- Demonstrable experience in supporting candidates to build employment actions plans, generate CVs, complete job applications and prepare for interviews
- Good IT skills with particular knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
About The Forward Trust
We are Forward, the social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime or addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
The Forward Trust offers an excellent benefits package including work-related clinical supervision allowance, Simply Health coverage, competitive annual leave entitlements and a contributory pension scheme. We also support our employees to achieve both professional and personal development.
We are committed to equality of opportunity. We select candidates based their abilities and skills and nothing else. We are dedicated to enhancing the diverse profile of our organisation to reflect the communities within which we work.
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV.