Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Thursday / 8:00am – 1:00pm Friday)
Salary: £28,940 - £34,327 per annum (Dependant on skills & experience)
Closing Date: 26th April 2018
Description: HMP Bullingdon’s education department have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager / Curriculum Leader to enhance the delivery of the Functional Skills English and Maths courses within the prison. The successful Programme Manager will have the opportunity to deliver learner success, through the effective and dedicated leadership of our Functional Skills programme.
The ideal candidate will have experience and success in English and/or Maths programmes and have experience of managing a team. You will be a highly motivated Programme / Curriculum manager that specialises in English and/or Maths and has a positive can do approach to education and the success of their students. The ideal candidate will have experience and success in English and/or Maths and experience of managing a team to deliver excellent results.
Milton Keynes College: Rewards
• 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
• Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
• Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
• Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
• Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
• Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
• Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
Plus many more…
About HMP Bullingdon…
Bullingdon Community Prison is situated near the village of Arncott in Bicester; Oxon. HMP Bullingdon is a complex prison that has a number of functions. It is categorized as a local category B prison, which a category C resettlement function. HMP Bullingdon has the capacity to hold 1114 offenders all serving a range of sentences from remand to life, with the average length of stay between 3 and 6 months.
The College works closely with our prison colleagues to deliver short to medium courses that help prepare learners for employment upon release.
In the department we believe the opportunity to gain, skills and knowledge will help our learners to end their offending behaviour. We engage the hardest to reach learners and encourage them to take pride in their own education and self-development. As a department, we endeavour to inspire learners to achieve and for some, attain their first significant qualifications.
Hours at HMP Bullingdon: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm and Friday: 8:00am – 1:00pm
As a successful candidate, you will:
• A degree or equivalent vocational qualification in Maths and/or English.
• A teaching qualification (QTLS as appropriate).
• Assessor/Verifier Awards (desirable).
• Teaching/training experience in subject area, along with employability and/or PSD, up-to-date knowledge of these subject areas and employer requirements.
• Understanding of the necessary employability skills required in the current UK economy.
• Evidence of providing high quality effective programmes leading to outstanding success.
• Experience of data analysis.
• Experience of identifying, developing and sharing resources focused on teaching and learning.
• Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
• Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within the Offender Learning.
• The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV. You will then be sent an email directing you to the College Careers Portal to complete your application.