Our approach in custody and for those on community sentences focuses on:
- assessing risks and needs and establishing a personalised action plan
- building high-quality relationships with our service users and partners
- recruiting volunteer mentors to support our work, including peer mentoring for people with convictions
- working closely with Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRCs), National Probation Service, Police and other criminal justice and resettlement agencies.
In a survey of service users across our South West Through The Gate work:
- 87% were overall satisfied with the support they received.
- service users said their Case Managers helped them to feel confident about their release.
- service users said their Case Managers helped them realise that change is possible.